York Region Arts Council's Micro Grant Program 2020 Recipients



I am honoured to announce that I am one of the recipients of York Region Arts Council's Micro Grant Program! Congratulations to my fellow recipients, Alex Karolyi, Bindu Shah, Glenn Marais & Mimi O'Bonsawin, Parthiban & Myuri Jeyabalachandran, Matthew Morales, and Tanya Besedina. I can't wait to see and experience all their wonderful projects!




My project, Unlocking the Secrets of Creating Comic Books, is a series of skill stacking comic book creating workshops for 12 to 18-year-olds, where they will be learning all the steps from concept to completion. There is a lot of work ahead of me and new challenges due to COVID-19, but with the help of the York Region Arts Council's grant it's great to be able to move forward with this project. I look forward to working with local professional and indie comic book creators, and businesses to make this project a success! 

The goal is to inspire and expose young creative minds to the fun and distinctive storytelling that can only be found in comic books, foster future comic book creators and share the immense comic book stories they may have yet to discover.

I will be sharing updates on the progress of Unlocking the Secrets of Creating Comic Books here and on my social media accounts.

Click on the York Region Arts Council Press Release below for more details.







Comments