Unlocking the Secrets of Creating Comic Books - Production - Week One

It has been an interesting week. Since the announcement of being a recipient of the York Region Arts Council's Mirco Grant Program, I've been digging into all the workshops and talks I've done at conventions to festivals to consolidate all the materials and topics I have covered.


I found myself having mixed feelings over particular topics on story development I've covered. This is the first time that I'm looking over everything as a whole.

Fascinating looking back at all the particular topics I have covered, and thinking back to what worked and what needs improvements. Kind of like finding pieces to a puzzle you're not sure what it will really look like until you get closer to completing it. This also made me think of my own story development process and how I could improve it. In any creative endeavour, there are always challenges you have to meet and overcome.


For some, it's seeking inspiration to create, while for others it's the actual act in sitting down and getting down to business. This is something that I am consciously looking into as I go through everything. Being able to create with the current new normal that came with COVID-19 and the lockdowns is a new challenge, but one that I am very confident will end with amazing art, stories, music and so much more! With that said, I still have a bunch of things to go through as per my production schedule, so that will be it for this week's update on Unlocking the Secrets of Creating Comic Books. Come back every Friday to see my weekly production recaps.


Comments