Unlocking the Secrets of Creating Comic Books - Production - Week 18

Been a busy week maintaining deadlines for the miniseries I mentioned last week, and refining a webinar on how to write a comic book.  I will be presenting for a video game services company and its affiliates from various parts of the world this week. This will be interesting to see how the changes I've made to this workshop will go, especially knowing that there will be artists and writers in attendance. 

This is different from the ones I do for young creators who are mainly aged10 and under or 11-14, and 15-18, where I go deeper and talk about some of the complexities involved when you script a comic book. It always amazes me how the young creators fearlessly jump into creating something without being hindered by the fear of making mistakes and constantly changing/refining their creative output. The older creators tend to overthink it all and take smaller leaps of faith in creating. I've taken note and have tweaked my workshops and webinars to work with these in mind.

After a few more trials of my general overview workshops about comic book writing, I will look towards developing others in the same nature. I will be working with colleagues and experts in their fields to put those together. So in the coming months, I will be looking at developing the next general overview workshop for Unlocking the Secrets of Creating Comic Books.

Comments