Unlocking the Secrets of Creating Comic Books - Production - Week Nine


Reaching out to people and seeing how they can be a part of this endeavour seems to be the theme of this week, though I planned to do more than just that. I ended up spending time prepping for my first virtual beginner level comic book writer's workshop that is happening in August.

Going over what I usually do live and seeing what will work and not on a virtual platform is fascinating. My flow allows for questions and comments to be threaded throughout my workshops and talks, which I think with the virtual setting allows me to not just answer them, but also to pull up visuals on the spot that will enhance the experience. That's something I don't get to do normally since I don't sit in front of a laptop when I do these things. I like to move about when I do talks and workshops.

The experience of my August virtual workshop will give me some insight on what I need to discuss with the York Region Arts Council about--virtual workshops. This was not part of the original plan I proposed and with how things are and most likely still be in the near future, Unlocking the Secrets of Creating Comic Books will need to incorporate a virtual version. So in other words, tweaking what has been developing thus far and working with others to that end as well.

Comments