Unlocking the Secrets of Creating Comic Books - Production - Week Seven


School's out for summer! Congratulations to all the students out there for all their hard work in these challenging times! Time to relax and maybe read some comics!

This week was about looking for materials for the various workshops that could be shared digitally, as well as figuring out what tools could be incorporated that people would have at home, or can easily have access to. This may end up with me creating them with friends.

I started to work on some of the visuals for the presentations that will be used in some of the workshops. Some are from past workshops and talks I've done where I needed to update certain things. I got some new ideas from doing this, which I will see about adding to the workshop content later.

I've connected to a few local businesses and are in talks about how they can help. No doubt, this will be an ongoing task as I connect with more and more local businesses. With that said, I'm still reaching out to comic book creators and comic book shops who are located in York Region, so if you are one or know someone who is, please let them know about Unlocking the Secrets of Creating Comic Books. I'm looking for York Region comic book creators to help teach some of the workshops, as well as for finding ways in working with local comic book shops.



The Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong and Macao's Canada Day's Canadian Superhero contest where I was one of the judges has concluded. The winners can be found here! As one of the judges, it was so much fun and inspiring looking and reading about all the contestants'
impressive creative concepts and amazing designs of their Canadian superheroes!


I want to take this time to thank the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong and Macao for inviting me to be a part of their Canada Day's Canadian Superhero contest. What a super way to celebrate Canada Day!

Congratulations to all who participated! Keep drawing and creating!

Comments