​​Howard Wong is an award nominated writer and creative consultant. His passion for creative content and narrative development has led him to work in animation, comics, high-end collectible toys, intellectual property development, transmedia narratives, mobile & web games,​ marketing and creative content development. His collaborative works in comics have been nominated for the Joe Shuster Award's Gene Day Award, Comic Book Buyer's Guide Fan Award for Favourite Graphic Novel, the Ghastly Award for Favourite Horror Anthology. Howard's has been nominated for the Joe Shuster Award for Outstanding Canadian Comic Book Writer and received Diamond's Gem of the Month for his creator-owned work.


He can usually be found traveling or eating somewhere on earth. Sometimes both at the same time.

Friday, April 19, 2013

Sketchbook - Conquering Creative Challenges

I was asked by Sketchbook.com to write a series of articles for them about writing and the creative process involved in story development

Art from a Western comic I'm working on with Yan Square.

My first was article was, A Writer's Perspective, where I share my thoughts about the creative process in developing and creating a story. The next article in my series for Sketchbook.com is up now, titled, Conquering Creative Challenges. It's about how to use creativity in solving creative hurdles. Like how I was inspired to develop a format to allow me to collaborate with a concept artist not versed in the sequential storytelling format of comic books, as well as some problem solving experiences I have writing for videogames. There's also images from projects I'm actively working on that you can see there as well.

Art from a fantasy comic I'm working on with Justice.

Click here to read it now and feel free to share it.


No comments: